APEAL Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox

Question: Is the forum related to any kind of MSN virus?

2 posters

Go down

Question: Is the forum related to any kind of MSN virus? Empty Question: Is the forum related to any kind of MSN virus?

Post  MikeV Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:50 pm

Answer: No.

I am a great example as I have received a number of requests from MSN ("add me") and I have never put my hotmail address on the forum except from the APEAL only section which is restricted with a specific access.

You don't feel better? One guy who changed program and is no more in the BEALS has received 10 "add me" requests on MSN and has not registered on here. The virus is probably taking a copy of your contact list (the virus will not attack your hard drive or anything no worries) and when accepted in your contact list, it might use your list (I don't know how) to reach new victims. It's basically fake people with automated messages concerning either company websites or sex websites.

This forum has nothing to do with such kind of problem. No worries concerning that issue. It is external and is not related to this website :)

Last edited by MikeV on Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
MikeV
MikeV
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Question: Is the forum related to any kind of MSN virus? Apealoffi
Question: Is the forum related to any kind of MSN virus? Apealmemb4
Activity Points : 5551

https://ulavalapeal.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Question: Is the forum related to any kind of MSN virus? Empty Re: Question: Is the forum related to any kind of MSN virus?

Post  JEEPY_007 Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:33 pm

I heard that it has something to do with Facebook, 'cause the only people affected are guys and most of the ones I know are not in the forum AND they all have a facebook account...

It's probably a crappy facebook app that takes your personal info and sends it to whoever is willing to pay for it... (like internet strippers...)
JEEPY_007
JEEPY_007
APEAL Forum Activist
APEAL Forum Activist

Question: Is the forum related to any kind of MSN virus? Apealoffi
Question: Is the forum related to any kind of MSN virus? Apealmemb4
Activity Points : 5249

http://www.ulaval.ca/apeal/

Back to top Go down